Grilled Peaches with White Chocolate are a light summer dessert! The grilling process caramelizes and intensifies the peach flavor. And white chocolate takes these to another delicious level!
This Healthy Peach Dessert is easy and the perfect way to showcase fresh summer peaches without loads of calories!
Grilled Peaches with White Chocolate
I was all set to make my first clafouti this afternoon (yes, Bill made a wise crack as he does when he has no idea what I’m talking about), but the 10 pounds of Cresthaven peaches I purchased won’t be ripe for a couple days. One of my favorite parts of writing a blog is finding new foodie friends who share their wonderful recipes.
A local friend shared this easy summer dessert recipe for grilled peaches which is both elegant and delicious! Can’t beat that!
Tips for Making Grilled Fruit
This Grilled Peaches with White Chocolate recipe is from my friend, Missy, who also raved about Penzey’s babyback rib recipe which I must BBQ before summer is over. She gave high marks to these glazed and grilled peaches finished with white chocolate and pistachios.
- Grilled fruit is a terrific, light summer dessert. Add ice cream if you want a little more decadence. The heat caramelizes the sugar in the fruit and the grill adds smokey nuances for a more complex flavor!
- If you’re looking for a less caloric after dinner treat, this is a healthy peach dessert recipe compared to peach pie, peach crisp or peach cobbler.
- Firm fruits work best as they hold up to the exposure to high heat. Peaches, pineapple, bananas and even melons can be grilled.
- Thicker pieces of fruit work better as they’re less likely to fall apart when flipping.
- Make sure to oil your grill and set your grill to medium high heat to minimize sticking. Use an oil with a high heat point, like peanut oil or canola oil instead of olive oil.
- Grill for 2-3 minutes before turning or flipping (the former will make nice grill marks).
Luckily, I was able to find two peaches tender enough to experiment with, so whipped up a half batch. After a long day of traveling, this was sugary enough for the guys and light enough for me…and so easy to throw together. Yummy. Thanks, Missy!!!
If you enjoy a little smokey flavor in your desserts, check out my Grilled Apple Crisp!
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 unpeeled ripe peaches, cut in half and pits removed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white chocolate
- Chopped pistachios to garnish (optional)
- Whisk first 3 ingredients in large bowl. Add peach halves and toss to coat. Grill on medium high heat, cut side down, for about 2-3 minutes, depending on your grill, till slightly charred. Turn over and fill centers with white chocolate and drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Grill until white chocolate melts, about 2 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with nuts if desired.
Yield: 4-8 servings
Total time: 15 minutes
Adapted from Bon Appetit
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g