Green Bean and Bacon Bundles
An easy, elegant side dish that’s impressive enough to serve company.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Vegetables
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2– 3/4 pound haricots verts or thin green beans (may cook first for about 3–4 minutes, then cool in ice water)
- Bacon, 1/2 slice for every 5 green beans (may par-cook)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Clean and snip the ends of the green beans. Bundle beans in bunches of 5-7 and wrap with 1/2 of a bacon slice. Skewer with a toothpick if desired. Place on a baking sheet.
- Mix together melted butter, brown sugar, garlic salt and black pepper. Drizzle over each bundle, and then sprinkle a little Parmesan on each bundle as well.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Then broil for a minute or two to brown if desired.
Note: if you precooked the beans and bacon, you may want to decrease the cooking time to 15-20 minutes.