Greek Lemon Bundt Cake
A lovely lemon cake made with Greek yogurt
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Cuisine: Greek
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (not fat-free)
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 10-inch tube pan with non-stick oil and flour spray like Baker’s Joy.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Separate the eggs. In a large bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff glossy peaks form. Set aside.
- Put remaining 1 1/2 cups sugar into a medium bowl with the lemon zest. With your fingers, rub the lemon zest into the sugar.
- Cream butter into the lemon infused sugar. Add the egg yolks, vanilla and lemon juice and mix until fluffy. Add flour mixture alternately with the yogurt to the egg yolk mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites and pour the batter into the prepared pan. Level top with an offset spatula if needed.
- Bake at 350º for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
- Serve with berries and sweetened whipped cream if desired.