Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars are perfect for the mint lovers in your life! And if you’re looking for a St. Patrick’s Day recipe, you’re covered! The green cheesecake filling is a wonderful way to celebrate one’s Irish heritage!
Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars
With the boys out of the house, I need to focus on smaller desserts. Big ol’ cheesecakes and layer cakes would take forever for the 3 of us to finish. Plus we all have our own preferences and there is not much overlap. The only mint Bill will ingest comes in a tube and goes on his toothbrush. But all 3 kids love minty desserts.
With St. Patrick’s Day approaching, I figured a small batch of mint cheesecake bars would be a nice green treat for Katie. A chocolate cookie crust was the base for these bars, followed by a minty creme de menthe flavored filling and ganache topping.
Mint Cheesecake Bars
I used Nabisco Famous wafers, but even Oreos will work. No need to remove the filling if you substitute; just process the cookies until crumbs form and eliminate the sugar from the crust ingredients. The baked then cooled crust was layered with a cream cheese mixture flavored with Creme de Menthe liqueur.
The filling smelled strongly of alcohol, but only the mint flavor will remain after baking. If you’d like, you can substitute a bit of peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring. The ganache topping was made with milk chocolate chips as Katie is not the heavy-duty chocolate lover like the men in the family. Semisweet chips would work just as well…just go with your preference.
Katie and I both loved these puppies. Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars are perfect for St. Patty’s Day, too.
More Cheesecake Bars and Desserts You’ll Love:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from CopyKat Recipes
- Berry Topped Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Oreo Cheesecake
- 6-inch Instant Pot Cheesecake
- Ganache Topped Cheesecake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Hot Fudge Brownie Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 T sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Stir together crust ingredients and press into an 8x8 pan lined with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add egg and mix till incorporated. Mix in flour. Stir in creme de menthe. Spread batter over cooled crust and bake 30-35 minutes. Cool.
- Melt butter with chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping and stirring in 30-second increments, till melted and smooth. Mix in corn syrup. Cool slightly before pouring over cream cheese layer. Chill completely before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 161mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g