Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars are perfect for the mint lovers in your life! And if you’re looking for a St. Patrick’s Day recipe, I’ve got you covered there, too!
Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars
With the boys out of the house, I need to focus on smaller desserts. Big ol’ cheesecakes and layer cakes would take forever for the 3 of us to finish. Plus we all have our own preferences and there is not much overlap. The only mint Bill will ingest comes in a tube and goes on his toothbrush. But all 3 kids love minty desserts.
When Cheese, Cakes, and Cheesecakes came up as a Sunday Supper theme, I figured a small batch of grasshopper cheesecake bars would be a nice treat for Katie. A chocolate cookie crust was the base for these bars, followed by a minty creme de menthe flavored filling and ganache topping.
3 Luscious Layers!
I used Nabisco Famous wafers, but even Oreos will work. No need to remove the filling if you substitute; just process the cookies till they’re crumbs and eliminate the sugar from the crust ingredients. The baked then cooled crust was layered with a cream cheese mixture flavored with Creme de Menthe liqueur.
The filling smelled strongly of alcohol, but only the mint flavor will remain after baking. If you’d like, you can substitute a bit of peppermint extract and a few drops of green food coloring. The ganache topping was made with milk chocolate chips as Katie is not the heavy duty chocolate lover like the men in the family. Semisweet chips would work just as well…just go with your preference.
Katie and I both loved these puppies. Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars are perfect for St. Patty’s Day, too.
- 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 T sugar
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Stir together crust ingredients and press into an 8x8 pan lined with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Add egg and mix till incorporated. Mix in flour. Stir in creme de menthe. Spread batter over cooled crust and bake 30-35 minutes. Cool.
- Melt butter with chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping and stirring in 30-second increments, till melted and smooth. Mix in corn syrup. Cool slightly before pouring over cream cheese layer. Chill completely before cutting.
More Cheese Dishes!
The #SundaySupper Group has some super fantastic recipes for this week! Tons of savory cheese dishes, wonderful cakes and amazing cheesecakes! Thanks to my sweet friend, Angie, of Big Bear’s Kitchen, for hosting us this week!
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter tonight. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing our love of Cheese, Cakes AND Cheesecakes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST!
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Featured on Sugar and Spice Sunday~