Perfect as a holiday treat, this gingerbread biscotti is wonderful with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies, Holiday
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American, Italian American
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate, for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together including white chocolate and crystallized ginger, and set aside. In a measuring cup, whisk together eggs and molasses. With your mixer on low, pour in the egg mixture, and mix till well combined.*
- Divide dough in half and form each half into a log about 10 inches x 1 1/2 inches. Place logs about 4 inches apart on baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, till surface springs back when gently touched. Cool 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove log from parchment to a cutting board. With a serrated knife, cut log into 3/4 inch slices on the diagonal. Repeat with second log. Place slices back on parchment lined pans, cut sides down. Bake 10-20 minutes, depending on how dry and crunchy you like your biscotti. I baked mine 10 minutes more.
- Remove to cooling rack. When cool, use microwave to melt 1/2 cup white chocolate in a ziplock bag. Snip end and drizzle melted chocolate over biscotti.
- *A blog follower who tried this recipe reported that she needed to add some water to the dough so that it held together. If you find your dough too dry and crumbly, add just enough water so that your dough can be formed into logs.
Inspired by a recipe in Fine Cooking.
If your dough is a little dry, slowly add a few drops of water until you get the consistency you like.
- Calories: 3109kcal
- Sugar: 365g
- Sodium: 1971mg
- Fat: 66g
- Saturated Fat: 36g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 587g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 50g
- Cholesterol: 356mg