German Chocolate Brownie Pie
A brownie twist on the classic German chocolate cake.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine chocolate and the ½ cup of butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave using 30-second increments till chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. Mix in sugar and let cool for a couple minutes
- Whisk in eggs and vanilla, then stir in flour and salt until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 40 minutes or till crust is brown and top of brownies is appears set. Cool to room temperature.
- To make the topping, cook heavy cream, sugar, yolks, and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly till mixture starts to boil and thickens. Remove from heat and mix in coconut, pecans, and vanilla. Let rest till cools to room temperature, then spread over the top of the brownies.