A mini version of my favorite summer soup.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 15 appetizer sized servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Soup
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: Spanish
- 1 14.5-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato or V-8 juice
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 small red onion, chopped
- 2–3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Tabasco or favorite hot sauce, to taste
- Red bell pepper, cucumber, onion, avocado diced, to garnish
- Homemade croutons, to garnish*
- Fresh Italian parsley or cilantro, to garnish
- Place tomatoes, tomato juice cucumber, onion, green pepper, 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar, and olive oil in a blender and puree. Taste, then season with another teaspoon of vinegar, salt, pepper and Tabasco if desired.
- Pour into small glasses (I used 2-ounce capacity glasses) and garnish with diced vegetables, croutons, and a small herb leaf to serve.
- *To make homemade croutons, cut slices of a sturdy loaf into small cubes. Heat equal parts olive oil and butter in a saute pan and add bread. Cook till all sides are lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt if desired. Cool before garnishing soup.