Ganache Topped Truffle Brownies
A rich, decadent brownie recipe perfect for any occasion. Adapted from a Dan Smith and Stew McDonagh recipe
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert. Brownies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 8-inch cake pan. Line with parchment and grease top of parchment. Or line the pan with non-stick foil. Set aside.
- Beat eggs and salt together with hand held electric mixer till frothy. Add sugar and beat till thick and pale yellow, 2 to 3 minutes. Add vanilla and beat till combined.
- Microwave butter and chocolate for about a minute. Stir and microwave in 15-30 second increments till chocolate is melted and smooth. With mixer running, slowly add melted chocolate to egg mixture. Add flour and beat till just incorporated, less than a minute. Scrape down sides as necessary.
- Bake 20 minutes till the center is barely set. Remove from oven and cool on rack. Make ganache.
- Melt chocolate and cream in microwave, about one minute on high. Stir till smooth and chips are completely melted. Pour on cooled brownies. Let chill in fridge.
- Before serving, place brownies in the freezer for at least 30 minutes for easier cutting. Let slices come to room temperature before serving.