Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars
Decadent Fudge and Toffee Filled Chocolate Chip Bars. Adapted from Gimme Some Oven.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick (4 ounces) butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 bag (12 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 15 (4 ounces) fun size Heath bars, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with nonstick foil (or use regular foil and spray with cooking spray).
- Make cookie dough by creaming butter and sugar, then mixing in the egg. Mix in flour, salt, and baking soda, then chocolate chips.
- Press about ⅔ of dough into the bottom of the pan. Use offset spatula to evenly cover the bottom of the pan with dough.
- Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk together until smooth.
- Spread melted chocolate over the cookie dough.
- Sprinkle Heath bar chunks over melted chocolate.
- Take spoonfuls of remaining dough and drop over chocolate layer. Carefully spread out lumps of dough with an offset spatula. It will not totally cover chocolate.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. The top should be set, and golden.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack. Cool completely before serving.