Fruity Chicken Salad
Tired of the same old lunch? Try this Chicken Salad with Grapes recipe jazzed up with dried cherries, grapes, and pecans. It’s absolutely irresistible!
If you haven’t tried a Fruity Chicken Salad, you’ll love the pop of sweetness, plus crunch from the nuts and tart chewiness from the cherries!
Why You’ll love this Chicken Salad Recipe
I hate to brag, but this is one fabulous chicken salad recipe. There’s nothing complicated about it. The prep entails a bit of chopping and stirring, but it’s the proportions that are key.
- It’s super easy to make!
- The addition of sour cream and lemon juice for balance makes for a delicious recipe.
- The add-ins including fruit and nuts can be tweaked according to your preferences.
I always prefer a smidgen of sour cream to cut the mayo in these sorts of salads. And a little acidity from the lemon juice helps balance the flavors. The add-ins are up to you. Leave out the nuts if that’s not your thing. I’d have to remove the pecans and cherries if serving this to my family, but this batch of chicken salad with grapes was for me!
Tips for Making Chicken Salad
- If you’re low-carbing it, this can be eaten as a salad over lettuce.
- Use leftover chicken, rotisserie chicken, or roast up a few chicken breasts to slice or shred.
- Add ingredients that will contrast with the flavor and texture of the chicken—nuts, fruit, crisp vegetables like diced/minced celery
- It’s easy to swap out the pecans for walnuts, the dried cherries for raisins, etc.
- Use a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten the flavor and help balance the richness of the dressing.
- If you’re making sandwiches ahead of time, put lettuce on the bottom to help keep the dressing from making a soggy bun
You May Also Like:
- Light & Easy Chicken Salad Recipe from Joyful Healthy Eats
- Avocado Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap from Spend with Pennies
- Asian Chicken Cranberry Salad from Reluctant Entertainer
- Lobster Salad from Savory Experiments
- Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich
- Open Faced Salmon Sandwiches
- Croque Monsieur
- Tuna Cranberry Pecan Salad Sandwich
- Ditch the bun and serve a Chicken Stuffed Avocado! (keto friendly)
- More Easy Chicken Recipes
- More Sandwich Recipes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Hellmann's)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper (1/8-1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup halved grapes (red or green seedless)
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and lemon juice. Add pepper to taste.
- Stir in chicken, celery, pecans and dried cherries.
- Serve over lettuce or on a bun or croissant.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 803mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 37g