Fried Apple Pies
Three bite mini apple pies are perfect for picnics, snacking or dessert! Recipe courtesy of Kelli’s Kitchen.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 mini pies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 Pillsbury Pie Crusts, or a homemade double crust
- 2 apples
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1–3 tablespoons milk
- Peel and core apples, then chop. Place in a saucepan with sugar and cook on low till apples are tender. Add cinnamon and mash till chunky. Cool to room temperature.
- Roll out the pie crust on a lightly floured board. Using a 3 inch cookie cutter, cut out 7-8 circles out of each crust.
- Place a scant teaspoon of the cooked apples in the middle of the round.
- Using very cold water and your fingers, wet all the way around the pie, fold it over and crimp edges with the fork. Make a slit in tops to release steam if desired.
- Put a little oil in a skillet and let it get hot first, then place the little pies in the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Or glaze with egg wash (mix together egg and water with a fork) and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or till browned.
- Take them out of the oil when they are cooked and place on a wire rack with paper towels on them so that will take off the excess oil.
- Combine icing ingredients with a fork and then put the glaze over the warm pies.