Flourless Cake Chocolate from Princeville Hotel
An outrageously rich and delectable flourless chocolate cake!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 16 servings 1x
- 1 pound good quality butter
- 1 1/4 pound high-quality semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used Callebaut)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 7 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325º. Prepare a 10-inch springform pan (or high sided cake pan) by placing a round piece of parchment in the bottom, then greasing the pan. If using a springform, wrap the bottom and up the sides with aluminum foil to prevent water from the ban marie from seeping into the cake while baking.
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 30-second intervals till smooth. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Whip sugar and eggs on high speed for 5 minutes till the batter reaches the ribbon stage (when you lift up a spoonful of batter, it streams down in a nice thick “ribbon”). Slowly add chocolate with the mixer going (you don’t want to “cook” the eggs by adding warm chocolate too quickly). Then add vanilla. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place pan into a roaster and add hot water into roaster to reach about halfway up the cake pan (making sure not to add past the aluminum foil if using). Bake 40 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill cake. A few hours before serving, remove the cake from the springform pan, flip it onto a serving plate, and carefully remove the parchment paper. Bring to room temperature to serve.
- Cake may be made a few days ahead and refrigerated. It also freezes well…just defrost slowly in the refrigerator before serving. Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.