Easy Healthy Recipes
Our Easy Healthy Recipes help balance out those holiday indulgences. Packed with flavor, you’ll never feel deprived with these on your menu!
Looking to eat healthier in the new year? Put it’s time to get past all the chocolate you ate during the holidays and add some healthier dishes to your menu! Get our Healthy Dinner Recipes here – all easy to make and so delicious!
Favorite Easy Healthy Recipes
Even though I love my sweets, I maintain a relatively healthy diet. From salads to entrees to desserts, there are many amazing recipes that taste incredible without loads of unhealthy sugars and fats. For more inspiration, also check out these Healthy Recipes to Kick-Off 2021.
How to Eat Healthier
- Use a smaller plate. You won’t feel that you’re depriving yourself!
- Make sure there are lots of colors on your plate. Colorful foods tend to be higher in nutrition—like carrots, greens, and fresh fruit.
- Watch your portion sizes.
- Start with a salad. It will typically have fewer calories than other sides and may prevent you from gorging on other more caloric side dishes.
- Make sure each dish is packed with flavor so you don’t feel deprived. Add herbs, spices, and aromatics like onions, spices, etc. Don’t limit yourself to salt and pepper.
- Add fish to your menu. Grilled Salmon is delicious!
Healthy Salad Recipes
- Mediterranean Chopped Salad–add some chicken or salmon for a terrific meal.
- Greek Farro Salad–I love the bite of chewy farro and the freshness from all the vegetables.
- Arugula Salad with Roasted Butternut Squash – the jewel tone ingredients make this salad a feast for the eyes and the palate.
- Superfoods Salad – so many delicious, healthy ingredients in one magnificent salad.
- Massaged Kale Salad – a yummy way to eat healthy greens!
- Shredded Chicken Lettuce Wraps–using lettuce leaves eliminates the carbs and the flavorful marinade makes these irresistible.
- Smoked Salmon Platter–I love eating salmon in nearly every form. On some whole grain bread, this makes a marvelous snack or light meal.
- Salmon Salad Nicoise—can also be made with rare Ahi tuna slices or high-quality canned tuna (I prefer it in oil though that will up the calories).
- Strawberry Salsa Topped Salmon–adding a fruit salsa makes this a restaurant-worthy entree!
- Sea Bass with Tomatoes, Olives and Capers–if you’re not a fan of fruit with your seafood, this Mediterranean relish may be more your style.
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs – tasty marinated, skewered and grilled chicken
Healthy Dessert Recipes
- Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream–we can’t skip dessert! Poach fresh peaches, pears, or apples and serve with a little low-fat frozen yogurt and some berries.
- Honey Lime Fruit Salad–a jazzed up fruit salad does not seem like deprivation.
- Egg White Cookies – though not sugar-free, they’re made with egg whites and are relatively low cal for cookies!
For tips on how to keep up a healthy lifestyle, search for hashtag #SkinnyTip for nearly 100 suggestions on how to eat less, eat well, and keep healthy! Start by putting some of these Healthy Recipes on your menu.
Plus, check out some more Healthy Recipes for the New Year as well as all the Healthy Recipes in my recipe index. Also, here are 29+ Healthy Comfort Food Recipes from Cookie and Kate for more inspiration.