Easy Rolo Pretzel Bites
When you need a last-minute treat or gift or a fun kitchen project with your kids, these super simple, sweet and salty Easy Rolo Pretzel Bites are the answer!
Rolo Pretzels can be made in mere minutes making them great for the busy holidays!
These Rolo Pretzels make fun holiday gifts when topped with red and green M&M’s or even an Easy Pecan Turtle Recipe by swapping the M&M for a pecan half!
Why You’ll Love Rolo Pretzels
- They only take minutes to make and there’s a variation for every palate.
- This recipe had just THREE ingredients!
- By switching out the M&M colors, they can be made for any holiday.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Rolo Candy?
Rolos are roll-styled chocolate candies filled with caramel that are made by The Hershey Company.
How to Store Rolo Pretzel Bites?
Yes, these pretzel bites stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Occasionally the chocolate will bloom or get a white or gray coating due to the chocolate being heated. This is normal and harmless. To avoid this possibility, just make them a day ahead of time.
They can also be kept in the refrigerator to extend their lifespan.
Can This Rolo Pretzel Recipe Be Frozen?
Yes, freeze first these pretzel bites in a single layer on a sheet pan, then place them in an airtight container. They’ll last 2-3 months in the freezer.
What Other Candies Can Be Used to Make Pretzel Bites?
Besides Rolos, other small chocolate candies like Miniature Reeses Cups, Hershey’s Kisses, or Hershey’s Hugs can be used. PRO-Tip: Adding a pecan half instead of an M&M will make Rolo Turtles!
- Pretzels – Use Snaps, the square pretzel shape. Small pretzel knots will also work if you can’t find snaps.
- Rolo Candies – These round chocolates filled with caramel are the perfect size to top the pretzels.
- M&Ms – Red and Green candies make these perfect for Christmas. If you’d like turtle pretzel bites, add pecan halves instead.
It’s hard to even call this a recipe. You place pretzels on a sheet pan, top them with the chocolate candy of choice, and bake in a low heat oven until the chocolate softens. My favorite combo is Rolos topped with holiday M&M’s, but subbing pecans for the M&M’s would create incredibly irresistible Turtle Pretzel Bites AKA Easy Pecan Turtle Recipe.
The chocolate candy options are endless. Try one of the many varieties of Hershey’s Hugs or Kisses, Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, or simple chocolate or vanilla candy melts. The bonus of this recipe is that you can make a full sheet pan of pretzel bites or just a handful.
Holiday Food Gift Ideas
These pretzel bites make fun holiday or hostess gifts. I first made these over a decade for my book club’s Christmas party. With time tight this year, I revisited the recipe.
I bagged up these cheery pretzel bites in cellophane bags and added pretty holiday ribbons and tags. Including peppermint bark snowflakes, made for a festive duo. What’s your favorite homemade hostess gift?
Are you having friends over to watch football today? Make a batch of these easy Rolo pretzel bites in the morning and you’ll have a fun game day treat by kickoff!
More Holiday Gifts from the Kitchen:
- Homemade Kahlua
- Homemade Vanilla Extract
- Mini Pumpkin Breads
- Microwave Caramel Sauce
- Plus more Food Gift Recipes
More Easy Snack Recipes:
- White Grape Homemade Fruit Snacks from Rachel Cooks
- Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 5 Minute Reese’s Snack Mix from Oh, Sweet Basil
- Chocolate Snack Mix
- Snow Day Snack Mix from Mom on Timeout
- 70 pretzels, square, waffle shaped
- 70 chocolate-covered caramel candies, Rolo Candies
- 70 M & M's candies, holiday colors
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Place pretzels in a single layer on a half sheet pan. Top each pretzel with one Rolo candy.
- Bake for about 3 minutes or until you see the chocolate starting to melt.
- Remove from the oven and place one M&M on top of each Rolo, pressing very gently to make sure it adheres. Cool completely, then store or package for gifting.
These look best the day they are made. Chocolate may start to bloom, or get a whitish coating, over time due to the heating process. They will still taste delicious for days!
To hurry the setting process, you can put the sheet pan in the refrigerator until the chocolate solidifies.
Try Hershey's Hugs or Kisses or Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups instead of Rolos for another version.
Serving Size:4 pretzels
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g