Easy Pot Roast
A simple, delicious pot roast recipe where the oven does most of the work!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 3–3 1/2 pound chuck roast, large pieces of fat trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves (you may want to wrap them in cheesecloth for easy retrieval)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 box Pomì Organic Chopped Tomatoes and juice (26.46 ounces)
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, larger ones may be sliced in half
- Preheat oven to 350º. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven. Season the beef with salt and pepper and sear both sides, until well browned. Remove from heat.
- Add beef broth, red wine, cloves, bay leaves, thyme, Pomì tomatoes, and sliced onions. Place lid on Dutch oven and cook for 2 hours.
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook for another hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Shred beef into large chunks, discarding any visible fat. Remove bay leaves and cloves. Serve beef, carrots and potatoes topped with pan juices.