Double Chocolate Cheesecake
An impressive, decadent chocolate dessert!
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 65 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the crust:
- 8 oz. chocolate wafers
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- Chocolate shards or curls, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a food processor, process the wafers till they are fine crumbs (you can also do this by smashing them in a ziplock bag). Add sugar, then melted butter and process to combine. Press evenly into the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan and press evenly onto the bottom and about 2 inches up the sides of the pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes. Let the pan cool on a rack. Decrease the oven temperature to 300°.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, melted chocolate, flour, and a pinch of table salt on medium speed for about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of the bowl every minute or so, till very smooth. Add the 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar and continue beating until well blended and smooth.
- Add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, beating just until blended. Do not overbeat. Pour the filling into the cooled crust and smooth the top.
- Bake at 300°F until only the center jiggles, 55 to 65 minutes. Set on a rack and cool completely. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 8 hours. Once chilled, this cheesecake can be wrapped and frozen to use later.
- To unmold, run a knife around the perimeter of the pan, then use a wide spatula to move the cake to a serving plate. Garnish with chocolate curls or shards. Use a hot knife to cut slices.
Total time does not include cooling and chilling times.