Death by Chocolate Cookies
Rich cocoa cookies with 3 types of chocolate chips
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2-3 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the 8 ounces of chocolate chips in the microwave until smooth.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in the sugars.
- Mix in the eggs and vanilla until incorporated. Add the chocolate and beat until combined. Sift in the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt) and mix on low speed until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350º.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies have just begun to set with the centers still appearing very soft. They will firm up as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Recipe adapted from Cook’s Illustrated.