Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins
These muffins are like eating pumpkin bread AND cheesecake for breakfast!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 muffins 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (about half a standard 15-ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or lemon juice
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling tops, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line muffin tin with paper liners and spray liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, salt, spices, baking powder, and baking soda. Add flour and mix till just combined. Stir in water.
- Put the cream cheese in a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar and vanilla (or lemon juice if you prefer).
- Put a scant 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter into each muffin cup.Scoop a rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese filling and drop it in the center of the pumpkin batter. Top with another 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool pan on rack for about 5 minutes, then remove muffins from pan to finish cooling.