Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins are a delicious breakfast indulgence combining pumpkin bread and cheesecake. Sounds delightful, right?
Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins
I took our family recipe for pumpkin bread and pushed it to another level! A dollop of sweetened cream cheese transformed simple pumpkin muffins into a tantalizing treat. And a sprinkling of demerara sugar gave these the sparkle they deserved.
Add these Pumpkin Muffins to your holiday breakfast or brunch menu
I hosted a coffee last week and needed a few baked goodies for my dear friends. Smack dab in the middle of autumn, a pumpkin dish was in order. Despite having more spices, my first attempt was rather bland. So I went back to my tried and true pumpkin bread recipe and created an even more appealing version of these cream cheese-filled pumpkin muffins.
The cream cheese filling bakes along with the pumpkin batter and you may find a little gap when you cut into your muffin or a divot in the top…but do not worry, they will still taste amazing. You can add a little lemon juice for tang, vanilla or even a couple drops of Fiori di Sicilia (a citrusy vanilla flavoring from King Arthur Flour) to the cream cheese. Adapt it to your liking.
Things you may need for this recipe:
More Pumpkin Bread Recipes You’ll Love
- Cranberry Pumpkin Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pumpkin Challah
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Apple Pumpkin Bread
- Mini Pumpkin Bread
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread
- More Bread Recipes
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (about half a standard 15-ounce can)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or lemon juice
- Coarse sugar for sprinkling tops, optional
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Line muffin tin with paper liners and spray liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, salt, spices, baking powder, and baking soda. Add flour and mix till just combined. Stir in water.
- Put the cream cheese in a medium bowl. Stir in the sugar and vanilla (or lemon juice if you prefer).
- Put a scant 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter into each muffin cup.Scoop a rounded teaspoon of the cream cheese filling and drop it in the center of the pumpkin batter. Top with another 2 tablespoons of pumpkin batter. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or till toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean. Cool pan on rack for about 5 minutes, then remove muffins from pan to finish cooling.
Serving Size:1 muffin
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 248Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g