Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad for a Crowd
The best chicken salad recipe for entertaining.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12-18 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2–3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped apple (I used Granny Smith)
- 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 3/4 cups chopped pecans (toast first for the best flavor)
- 3– 3 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cooled and chopped
- Whisk together, the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and lemon juice (use the smaller amount of salt and lemon juice to start).
- Stir in chicken, celery, apples, and Craisins. Taste for seasonings and add more salt and lemon juice if needed. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors meld.
- Serve as a salad over a crisp lettuce leaf or as a sandwich on a bun or croissant.
Servings depend on the size of your rolls or croissants and what else is being served at your brunch, picnic or luncheon.