Cranberry Pecan Bread
The perfect cranberry quick bread recipe!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 loaf 1x
- Category: Bread, Quick Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1–2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1–1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped (I just cut each into about 3 pieces)
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375º. Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (I used Baker’s Joy).
- In a small bowl, stir together orange juice, orange zest, buttermilk, butter and egg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add liquids and stir with a rubber spatula until just moistened. Mix in cranberries and nuts, being careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use an offset spatula to smooth the top. Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º. Bake for about 45 minutes longer or till toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for about 10 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack and let cool completely.
16 slices can be made from one loaf.
Recipe adapted from Cook’s Illustrated.