Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars
A terrific bar cookie for when you have that extra can of cranberry sauce on hand after Thanksgiving! Recipe adapted from my friend, Chezz
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert. Bar Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounces) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven 350°. Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick foil.
- In large bowl combine flour, oats, 3/4 cup sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1 1/2 cups crumbs for topping, and press the rest into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually mix in condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. In small bowl combine remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar, cornstarch and cranberry sauce. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Bake 40 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack, then chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator.