Cranberry Brie en Croute
An elegant Baked Brie recipe that’s perfect for any gathering!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 servings 1x
- Cuisine: Appetizer
- 1 12.3 ounce Round of Brie*
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry, thawed (I use Dufour brand. Look for butter in the ingredients for the best result)
- 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon water), to glaze
- Preheat oven to 400º. Line baking sheet with [easyazon_link identifier="B00K282KY4" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]parchment paper[/easyazon_link] and set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry to smooth seams. Cut out a large round and place on [easyazon_link identifier="B00282JL7G" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]baking sheet[/easyazon_link]. Reserve scraps to decorate, if desired.
- Cut rind off the top of the Brie.
- Mix together cranberry sauce, dried cranberries and rosemary. Spoon over the center of the puff pastry round. Place the cut side of the Brie centered over the cranberry sauce. Fold puff pasty over the top of the Brie sealing overlapping pastry with egg glaze. Flip over and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Chill for about 30 minutes.
- [easyazon_link identifier="B000JPSI8C" locale="US" tag="thskchcaba-20"]Brush[/easyazon_link] with egg mixture, decorate with scraps cut into shapes (I made leaves and berries), brush with egg wash again. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crackers or toasts.
*This was the weight of the Brie I purchased. 8 or 16 ounce rounds will work, too, but the number of portions will vary. You may need to use less of the cranberry topping with a smaller Brie or make two!
- Calories: 366kcal
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 366mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 64mg