Corn, Basil and Tomato Salad
A refreshing summer salad with fresh sweet corn, tomatoes, red onions and basil tossed in a light lime dressing
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Method: Steaming, Chopping, Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 6 ears of fresh sweet corn, silk and husks removed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 2 garden or heirloom tomatoes*, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped if leaves are large
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2–3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Blanch or steam corn for 3-4 minutes. Cool and cut corn from cobs into mixing bowl.
- Soak red onion in ice water for a couple minutes to remove the sharp taste. Drain and add to corn. Add tomatoes, basil, and thyme. Toss with olive oil, then add 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Taste and adjust seasonings and add more lime juice if needed.
- Serve at room temperature.
Total time: 30 minutes
Slightly adapted from the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen.
*I used both heirloom tomatoes and halved grape tomatoes