Corn and Black Bean Salad
This delightful summer salad was inspired by my friend, Diane.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish, Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears of cooked corn, cut off the cob or 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- chopped cilantro, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
- Stir in the corn, beans, onion, peppers, avocado and cilantro, if using. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.