Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie
An easy coconut and chocolate pie with only 4 ingredients!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
For the crust:
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 11 ounces (about 6 cups) sweetened shredded coconut
For the filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate , finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, blend butter and one-third of coconut until mixture makes a mass, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and mix with the rest of the coconut.
- Press coconut mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate, leaving top edges less compressed and fluffy. Arrange foil over the rim of crust to prevent burning. Bake until the middle begins to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake until edges are browned, 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Gently melt chocolate and cream in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 30-second increments till melted and smooth. Pour into coconut crust. Refrigerate until filling is set, at least one hour.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart.
Total time does not include cooling and chilling times.