Chewy Coconut Cookies
I’m a sucker for coconut and these Chewy Coconut Cookies were a cinch to prepare and fulfilled a major craving.
I could not keep my hands off of this Coconut Cookies Recipe! So soft, buttery, and perfect for anyone who loves a good Coconut Dessert. They’re addictive!!!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links at no extra cost to you.
Chewy Coconut Cookies
I’m still in party prep mode…and I keep finding recipes I must try. I adore coconut but typically can’t justify baking a batch of cookies just for myself…as I am the only coconut fanatic in this house. These coconut cookies kept calling to me until I caved, rationalizing that these will be great for my open house.
The recipe came from Jennifer’s blog. You will love her gorgeous food photos and darling little girl, Indigo. She made these even more delectable by glazing half and sprinkling them with coconut. I was just too lazy to do this extra step or maybe it was the sugar-induced coma I was in after sampling this addicting cookie dough. My only tweak was to add an extra quarter cup of flour to the recipe to give them a little more poof!
Tips for Making the Best Coconut Cookies
- As with most cookie recipes, start with room temperature butter and eggs. This will allow the ingredients to incorporate more efficiently.
- Use a cookie disher cookie disher to make evenly sized cookies.
- Do not use a mixer to mix in the flour or if you do, use the paddle attachment and mix only until incorporated. Over-mixing will activate the gluten and make tough cookies and the mixer whisk will incorporate too much air and change the cookies’ texture. I like to use a wooden spoon.
- I also like to use half baking sheets and line with parchment for easy cleanup. The parchment also prevents these coconut sugar cookies from sticking.
- You can reuse the parchment sheets for a couple batches of cookies, then toss them.
- Store your coconut flakes cookies in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Freeze the leftovers so they don’t get stale. They’ll keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Coconut Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Coconut Cheesecake Bars Recipe from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- Grandma’s Coconut Chews from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Coconut White Chocolate Truffles
- Classic Coconut Macaroons
- Coconut Apricot Bars
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Homemade Samoas
- Sticky Rice Balls
- Coconut Macadamia Nut Bars
- More of the Best Cookie Recipes
Chewy and irresistible coconut cookies adapted from Indigo's Sugar Spectrum and Allrecipes
- 1/2 cup butter. at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream butter with brown sugar and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Add vanilla, then flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. Add coconut.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoon scoops of dough onto prepared baking sheets about 3 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 193mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
45 Comments on “Chewy Coconut Cookies”
I just love your beautiful plate. It really makes your yummy cookies stand out.
Oh, you are all so kind! Scott, you made me laugh-
I think the plates were from World Market…bought them ages ago…very reasonably priced.
Your coconut cookies look so good! I want some now…
These look delicious! And that lotus flower plate is an awesome find…
Lizzy, those cookies sound so tempting with coconuts. And I love your blue plate!
I’m with Rachel, Lizzy… the plate, cookies and photos are spot on! I’m a huge fan of coconut and its versatility, but I also relish a recipe that celebrates one flavor as its star like these cookies. Moreover dear, you’ve got star quality too. Brava!
Liz – I love coconut cookies and these look wonderful! The blue plate is stunning. Where did you get it??
They’d also be great with half dipped in chocolate, sort of like a macaroon. Yum!
When are you going to post a recipe that allows me to LOSE weight?
I’m a huge coconut lover and would gladly eat all of these cookies for you! They’re calling my name 🙂
delicious cookies looks wonderful
Oh, these looks so great! Luckily, we are coconut-loving household – total justification to make these asap!
Yah, I am super glad that your enjoyed them. Thanks for the very nice shout out.
Love coconut too and you should not feel bad doing the occasional batch for you ;-). They really look amazing..and I love the plate
I’m the coco-NUT in my family too..LOL. So these are the kinds of cookies I make and take when I get together with friends. I get my coconut fix and everyone is happy!
These sound so scrumptious with coconut!
These look really good! I bet they’d go well with Dorie’s chocolate glaze for dunking!
Nice cookie, I put them on the list. My husband just loves coconut cookies 🙂
That sounds fabulous, Claudia…go for it!!!
Ok now these are calling my name love coconut… you know you gave me and idea to drizzle chocolate on these like a mounds bar thats my fav candy bar what do you think? Even though they are heaven like they already are!