Classic Oatmeal Cookies
Chewy oatmeal cookies adapted from Quaker Oats
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 48 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 2ggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1–1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix until combined. Add oats and stir until well combined.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough onto baking sheets.Cool a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Cool completely. Store tightly covered.