Classic French Silk Pie
A recipe for Classic French Silk Pie, a dreamy chocolate pie topped with whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- 1 baked 9-inch pastry shell, cooled
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial brand granulated sugar
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package Whip-It (optional)
- Chocolate curls or shavings, to garnish if desired
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes, till light and fluffy. With mixer running, gradually add melted chocolate and the vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating at medium speed for 5 minutes after each addition. Pour filling into cooled crust. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, whip one cup of heavy cream, adding sugar and vanilla to taste. I also add an envelope of Whip-It to stabilize the cream. Garnish with chocolate shavings if desired.
Adapted from Jean Webster via the Martha Stewart website.
Total time does not include chilling time.