Classic Buttermilk Coleslaw that tastes like the KFC version!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Shred carrots and cabbage to the size of your choice (KFC’s version is finely shredded). Alternatively, you can buy a bag or two of the cole slaw veggies ready to go.
- Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and celery seed in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, and onion, and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of my friend, Mile High Baker.