Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart
A flower of artfully placed strawberry slices makes this Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart both delicious and irresistible!
This Chocolate Tart Recipe is dressed to impress! I’ll walk you through how to make a beautiful strawberry arrangement below.
How to Make an Easy Chocolate Tart
The 3 ingredient ganache filling was bedazzled with fragrant ripe strawberries. It looks elegant without having to break a sweat!
To make this Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart even easier, you can buy a pre-made pie crust either in a tin or fit the rolled version into your tart pan. Bake as instructed and the rest is a cinch.
I used Dorie Greenspan’s Sweet Tart Crust recipe.
Fill with chocolate ganache, then top with your favorite fruit.
Besides strawberries, sliced bananas or luscious red raspberries would taste amazing. If the berry design looks intimidating, just slice off the stem ends of your strawberries and arrange them flat side down…the result will be just as stunning, just a bit trickier to slice.
Tips for Assembling a Fruit Tart
I assembled mine the day before I served it and had to mop up some liquid from the berries before slicing. Not a huge inconvenience, but you can avoid this by topping and glazing on the same day you plan to indulge. Just go ahead and make the tart the day before, then garnish a few hours before you plan to serve it. No damage control necessary!
- If you don’t want a pastry crust, make a graham cracker or chocolate cookie crust.
- Substitute fresh raspberries or other fruit if the strawberries are lackluster when you’re grocery shopping.
- I like using red currant jelly to glaze my red-colored fruit. Any red-colored jelly will work. It gives a lovely sheen, like a dessert from a fine bakery!
I took this Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart to a family gathering (where it disappeared in a flash), and I know both my sisters-in-law could easily whip this one up. I hope to hear their success stories soon!
- Baked 9 inch Tart Shell – use your favorite crust recipe or buy a premade pie shell. I’ve linked to Dorie Greenspan’s Sweet Tart Crust above.
- Semi-sweet Chocolate – I use Ghirardelli chocolate bars. Use bitter-sweet chocolate instead if you want that deep, dark chocolate flavor.
- Heavy Cream – Should be at least 36% butterfat.
- Real Vanilla Extract – Never use imitation vanilla.
- Ripe Strawberries – Other berries can be used. Make sure they’re sweet and ripe.
- Red Currant Jelly – I prefer this not too sweet jelly for berry glazes
More Strawberry Desserts You’ll Love:
- Strawberry Tarts
- Cream Cheese Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Strawberry Lemon Tart
- Mile High Strawberry Pie
- Strawberry Angel Food Dessert
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Pie Dessert
- More Best Dessert Recipes
Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart Recipe
A lovely chocolate tart topped with luscious, ripe strawberry slices
- Baked 9-inch tart shell (use your favorite crust recipe or buy a premade pie shell)
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 ounces ripe strawberries*, sliced (I saved the outer slices for a fruit salad)
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- Place the chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream till it just starts to simmer. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for a few minutes. Stir till chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Mix in vanilla. Pour into the tart shell and refrigerate till filling is firm.
- An hour or two before serving, arrange sliced berries in concentric circles starting on outside of tart.
- Melt the jelly in the microwave, then whisk until smooth. Cool for about 10 minutes, then brush over berries to glaze.
- Keep tart refrigerated.
Total time does not allow for baking your tart shell or chilling time.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 4gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.
47 Comments on “Strawberry Topped Chocolate Tart”
I’d LOVE to live at your house, Liz, and devour your faaaaaabulous baking! Mmmmmmm. Xxx
Bee-yoo-tee-full! Your tart is gorgeous, Liz, just as all your desserts are. I love that you went classic here – you can’t go wrong with a delicious chocolate tart covered in strawberries.
what beautiful is all you make dear Lizzt that reminds me many times I dont make an y with chocolate:)
So beautifully done!
Those strawberries are perfectly arranged Liz and you did an amazing job.
Yes–I’ll have a slice right now! Just beautiful–two perfect foods in one amazing dish.
That tart is a thing of beauty. I love how simple it is….now this is one dessert even I can make…. with a store-bought crust of course. 🙂 Then again my strawberries would never be so artfully displayed… more like piled on. 🙂 Good thing my family doesn’t deduct for haphazard. If they saw your before and my after… hee! hee! It may not look like the same recipe. 🙂
That strawberry arrangement is just gorgeous, Liz!
Absolutely beautiful! The strawberry flower arrangement on top looks amazing.
Two of my favorite ingredients!!! And it’s beautiful to boot. Yes please!!
That’s just stunning, Liz. Stunning. I am not worthy =)
Beautiful tart Liz, I absolutely love how you layer the fresh strawberries on it…
Have a lovely week 🙂
Chocolate and strawberries is a winning combination. Perhaps the best I know! Thank you for sharing yet another delicious dessert, Liz. As always, I leave your blog hungry!
Stunning, Liz. I would want to cut through this beauty.
Gorgeous tart Liz! What patience you have to place the strawberries just so! I have no doubt it was gone in a flash! : )
What a stunning tart!
I do love it when cooks are kind enough to say we’re allowed to get away with a few time-saving solutions like buying a pie crust – you’ve won a friend! When you live a really busy life, you shouldn’t have to feel guilty about a little store-bought purchase especially if the end result is going to look as stunning as this – how perfect are those s’berries! xx
So beautiful! Must try soon!
Mmm nothing like chocolate and strawberries! Michael would particularly adore this!!
Are you kidding me? This is gorgeous, Liz!!!