Chocolate Pots de Crème with White Chocolate Whipped Cream
Chocolate Pots de Crème: an elegant chocolate custard that’s the perfect ending to any meal!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Custard
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Pots de creme:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (chopped)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
White Chocolate Whipped Cream:
- 2 ounces good quality white chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 300º. Place 6 6-ounce ramekins in large baking dish.
- Add cream to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Stir till chocolate is melted.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a large bowl, till thick and pale. Drizzle a bit of the hot chocolate mixture into eggs to temper, whisking constantly. Continue slowly adding hot liquid while whisking till all liquid is incorporated. Avoid incorporating air into mixture if possible. If you find you have some small, unmelted particles of chocolate at the bottom of the saucepan, gently heat till melted and add to bowl.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a large measuring cup. Strain custard. Pour custard into the ramekins, then pour enough hot water into pan to reach halfway up ramekins. Cover pan with foil and poke a few holes in foil to allow steam to escape. Bake 25-30 minutes or till outer inch of custard is set. Cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate till serving time.
- Combine white chocolate and the 2 tablespoons whipped cream in small microwave safe bowl. Gently microwave stopping and stirring frequently, till chocolate is melted and smooth. Cool 10 minutes. Whip the remaining cream to soft peaks. Whisk in white chocolate. Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve with a dollop of white chocolate whipped cream and garnish with berries.
Loosely adapted from Bon Appetit