Chocolate Oreo Gooey Bars
A twist on the classic gooey bars made with a chocolate cake mix and Oreos added to the filling.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: 24 bars 1x
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, plus 8 more tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (I used a 15.25 ounce mix, but the original recipe called for an 18.25 ounce mix)
- 3 eggs, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 16 ounces powdered sugar (one box)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 Oreos, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 13 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cake mix, 1 egg, and 1 stick melted butter. Press mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 2 eggs and cocoa powder. Slowly, add the powdered sugar. Then carefully add the last stick of melted butter and the vanilla. Mix until smooth. Fold in Oreos.
- Spread filling over cake mixture in pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool at room temperature before cutting.