Chocolate Mousse Torte
A decadent chocolate dessert worthy of any special occasion!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Torte
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature for the pan
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules (may add 1 tablespoon for more espresso flavor)
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1//4 cup flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Generously butter a 10-inch springform pan and wrap the bottom and sides in heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Make the ganache by grinding the chocolate in food processor till it looks like coarse crumb. Bring cream to nearly boiling. Add hot cream to food processor and process for about 10 seconds. Scrape down sides of processor. Dissolve the espresso powder in a teaspoon hot water and add it to the warm ganache still in the food processor. Process until fully incorporated, about 10 seconds. Transfer the ganache to a large bowl.
- In your stand mixer with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs, sugar, and flour on high speed until pale and fluffy and doubled in volume, about 6 minutes. Add about one-third of the egg mixture to the ganache and fold in with a rubber spatula until combined. Add the remaining egg mixture and fold together until just combined..
- Pour the batter into the springform pan. Set the pan inside the roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with 1 to 1-1/2 inches of boiling water. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or till top is crusty and center jiggles just slightly. Remove from water bath, remove foil and cool on a wire rack to room temperature and then refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To cut the torte dip your knife in hot water and wipe dry before each cut. Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Total time does not include chilling time.
Adapted from Fine Cooking.