Chocolate Mousse in Dark Chocolate Cups are a super easy, elegant, bite sized dessert! These Dark Chocolate Mousse Cups are perfect for a dessert buffet!
Dark Chocolate Mousse Cups
Using a premade chocolate cup is a super-easy way to make an impressive dessert. I filled these dark chocolate mousse cups with a rich chocolate mousse for a fabulous two-bite chocolate dessert.
Topping with a fresh raspberry before serving makes these mousse cups look like they came from a fine chocolate shop. If you happen to own a few piping tips and bags, a star tip will make a professionally styled chocolate mousse.
If you love chocolate mousse, check out this Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie and this Easy Chocolate Mousse Tart. Also explore all my Chocolate Dessert Recipes. This Chocolate Mousse Cake from Diethood looks terrific, too!
- 5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons hot coffee
- 2 eggs, at room temperature (pasteurized preferred)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package Dove Dark Chocolate Dessert Cups (20 count)
- Whip cream to soft peaks. Keep cold in refrigerator as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Heat on high for 60 seconds, stir, and repeat at 30 second intervals till melted and smooth. Set aside to cool while whipping eggs.
- Whip the eggs with the sugar till very fluffy and thick, about 10 minutes.
- Mix the coffee into the chocolate, whisking quickly till incorporated. Add chocolate to whipped eggs, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Pipe or spoon the mousse into the chocolate cups. Extra mousse can be put in ramekins/cups/bowls. Garnish with raspberries or chocolate shavings if desired. Chill 2 hours before serving.
Adapted from Ghirardelli
Serving Size:2 mousse cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 22mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g