Chocolate Lava Cookies
Delectable chocolate cookies stuffed with fudge sauce
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 32 minutes
- Yield: 24-30 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 8-ounce jar fudge sauce (I used Best Boy brand)
- Sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla, then cocoa powder. Add baking powder and flour and stir into dough till combined
- Scoop out dough balls about the size of a walnut or approximately 2 tablespoons and place dough balls on baking sheets, leaving 2+ inches space between. Flatten each with palm of your hand.
- Scoop about a half teaspoon of fudge sauce onto the center of the flattened dough. Fold dough up over fudge and seal well. Roll into a ball between your palms. Repeat with rest of dough and fudge. Roll in granulated sugar
- Bake for 12 minutes or till edges are set and tops are slightly puffed.