Chocolate Lava Cakes
Classic Chocolate Lava Cakes—mini cakes with molten chocolate centers!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 extra-large paper muffin cups
- Optional garnishes: Fresh raspberries, mint sprigs, sweetened whipped cream
- Melt butter and chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water; remove from heat. Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla. Beat egg mixture into chocolate until smooth. Beat in flour till just combined.
- Before serving dinner, adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 450º. Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity) with 8 extra-large muffin papers or use 3/4 cup capacity ramekins. Spray muffin papers with non-stick cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake until batter puffs but center is not set, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully lift cakes from tin and set on a work surface. Pull papers away from cakes and transfer cakes to dessert plates.
- Serve with berries, mint and whipped cream if desired.