Chocolate Chip Topped Butterscotch Bars
Simple bars made with quality ingredients!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick ) butter, melted (I always use a premium brand like Kerrygold)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 8 x 8 inch baking pan with non-stick foil or regular foil sprayed with cooking spray. Or grease pan well with butter.
- Pour melted butter into mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar, then egg and vanilla. Mix in cake flour, salt and baking powder and stir till combined. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with mini-chocolate chips
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
May double recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 pan.
Yield: 16 bars
Total time: 2 hours with cooling time