With a chocolate chip cookie base and Butterfinger chunks in the cheesecake topping, these Chocolate Chip Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars could become your favorite treat ever!!!
Chocolate Chip Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars
I’m back on track this month…being I posted my Two Sweetie Pies recipe swap a week early last month. Ay, yi, yi… just another reminder to slow down and quit overextending. Do you do that? I love to volunteer in my community, but I bit off more than I could chew this year. Well, these decadent Chocolate Chip Butterfinger Cheesecake Bars made me (and all those who I shared these with) forget my troubles. A chocolate chip cookie dough bottom, topped with Butterfinger candy bars, cheesecake, then more cookie dough. Is your mouth watering yet? It should be!
Thanks to my talented friend, Danielle, for sharing this recipe. Check out her blog to see which recipe of mine she made today. And be sure to say hello while you’re there! You can find Danielle on her blog, Hugs & Cookies XOXO, Facebook, or Twitter.
Chocolate chip cookie dough:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup flour plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips + 1/2 cup for top
- 5 King Size Butterfinger bars, or enough of any size to fill an 8 x 8 pan
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 8 x 8 pan with nonstick foil. Preheat oven to 375º
- To make cookie dough, melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl. Stir in sugar, egg, vanilla. Add flour and one cup of the chocolate chips. Chill for a few minutes. Then press 3/4 of the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Make cheesecake batter by beating the sugar, egg, cream cheese and vanilla with mixer. Top cookie dough with butterfingers, then pour on cheesecake batter and smooth top. Place spoonfuls of the remaining cookie dough on the top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool to room temp and chill until firm.
Adapted from Bakers Royale via Hugs & Cookies XOXO
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g