Chocolate Brownie Cookies
A brownie lover’s dream cookie, chock full of mini chocolate chips!
Adapted from Claudia Fleming
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon brewed espresso
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line two baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolates in microwave using 30 second increments, stopping to stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In electric mixer, mix eggs, then add sugar, espresso and vanilla and beat on high for 15 minutes. Fold chocolate mixture into eggs, but do not totally incorporate. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into batter and carefully fold till incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a teaspoon scoop, place generous spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheets before removing to rack.
These cookies taste best the day or day after they are baked. Freeze any extras in an airtight container.