Chocolate Balsamic Truffles
Easy, decadent homemade truffles!
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Total Time: 47 mins
- Yield: 3 dozen truffles 1x
- Category: Dessert, Candy
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (I used Scharffen Berger)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 4 teaspoons aged balsamic vinegar (I used The Olive Tap’s Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix (I used Godiva)
- Gently melt chocolate and cream in the microwave, stopping and stirring at 30-second intervals till smooth. Stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Cool in the refrigerator for an hour, then let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours, till mixture reaches a good rolling consistency.
- Scoop out teaspoonfuls of chocolate. Shape into balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate if soft to firm up a bit, then re-roll into smooth balls.
- Roll in sifted hot cocoa mix and serve or store in an airtight container.