Chocolate Angel Pie
An exquisite chocolate pie in a meringue crust
- Yield: 6-8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Pie
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-ounce package Baker’s German Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Whipping cream, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 300º. Lightly grease 8 or 9-inch pie plate and set aside.
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar till foamy. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating to very stiff peaks. Fold in vanilla.
- Spoon into prepared pie plate to form a nest-like shell. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Cool.
- Melt chocolate with water in microwave till smooth. Cool to room temperature and add vanilla. Fold in whipped cream and spread filling in the cooled meringue shell. Let chill at least 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped cream to serve.