Chicken Broccoli Sun-dried Tomatoes Pasta
Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Broccoli, and Bow Tie Pasta is a speedy weeknight meal. It’s sure to win over your family!
If you need a quick, flavorful entree idea, this Easy Pasta Dinner Recipe will hit the spot! When I’m uninspired and ask the hubby what I should make, this pasta recipe is his answer 99% of the time!
Why You’ll Love this Tuscan Chicken Recipe
With kids going back to school or packing up for college, time is short. Quick and easy dinners are almost a given. I copied this recipe for Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Bow Tie Pasta on a scrap of paper nearly two decades ago while watching a cooking segment on a talk show. It’s morphed a bit through the years.
- According to my husband, this is one of my Best Pasta Recipes. Nine times out of ten, when I ask what he wants for dinner, he invariably responds, ” Chicken with Bow-Tie Pasta.”
- It’s ready to eat in about 30 minutes! Great for weeknights.
- The sun-dried tomatoes add wonderful flavor!
This time of year, meals that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less are definitely in demand. This easy chicken pasta recipe definitely fits the bill. All you need is a loaf of crusty bread and your meal is complete. Make sure to scroll down to below check out more of my favorite easy dinner recipes!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Tuscan Chicken?
Tuscan sauce is made of tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Pairing the sauce with chicken creates Tuscan chicken. All the sauce ingredients are used in this pasta recipe.
What are Sun-Dried Tomatoes?
As the name states, sun-dried tomatoes are tomatoes dried in the sun (though other methods of drying besides the sun are also used) creating chewy, flavorful, deep red, sweet tomatoes. Some are packaged dry, and others in jars with oil.
Tips for Making Easy Pasta Recipes with Chicken
- To speed up production, start prepping your chicken and broccoli while bringing the pasta water to a boil.
- Cut your chicken into similar-sized pieces so it finishes cooking at the same time.
- While the pasta is cooking, you can sauté the chicken et al, then patiently wait for both components to finish up. It won’t take long.
- Recipes like this are very versatile. There are no exact measurements. You can use the whole box of pasta, more or less broccoli, or amp up the red pepper flakes. Every ingredient can be increased or decreased according to your preferences. I’ll provide a general recipe and you can tweak away.
- This Easy Chicken with Broccoli is my husband and youngest’s favorite pasta meal. They don’t need to know it’s a no-brainer!
- PRO-Tip: Always cook pasta in well-salted water; it should taste briny like the ocean. The end result will be much tastier.
You May Also Like:
Don’t forget to pin to your dinner board or meal planning Pinterest board. And follow my Meat, BBQ and Entree board for more inspiration! What is your favorite easy, go-to dinner recipe? This chicken with broccoli rates high on my list!
- 25 Easy Dinner Recipes from Real Housemoms
- Chicken Crescent Squares from Life Currents
- Chicken with Artichokes and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Sun-dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta
- Penne alla Vodka
- Easy Italian Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches
- Easy Black Bean Chili
- Spicy Shrimp Fajitas
- More of my Favorite Entree Recipes
This family favorite entree was first shared in August 2012. The text and photos were updated in 2019.
- 8 + ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato halves*, cut into strips (or use julienned sun-dried tomatoes for quicker prep)
- 1/4 cup white wine or vermouth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 heads of broccoli, stems removed and cut into florets
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta, drain, and toss with butter.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add chicken, garlic, seasonings, and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook until chicken is nearly cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add wine and allow to reduce slightly. Add chicken broth, then broccoli florets. Cover and let steam for 3-4 minutes, stir, then cook till broccoli is tender, but still bright green.
- Add bow ties and toss so that juices coat pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
This recipe is very versatile. Add more or less of any ingredients depending on your palate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 477mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 31g
Thatskinnychickcanbake.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although thatskinnychickcanbake.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates. Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased can change the nutritional information in any given recipe. Also, many recipes on thatskinnychickcanbake.com recommend toppings, which may or may not be listed as optional and nutritional information for these added toppings is not listed. Other factors may change the nutritional information such as when the salt amount is listed “to taste,” it is not calculated into the recipe as the amount will vary. Also, different online calculators can provide different results. To obtain the most accurate representation of the nutritional information in any given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe. You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate.