Chicken Scarpariello with Sausage
A fabulous, flavorful one pan entree that will tantalize your taste buds!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Chicken
- Method: Sauteing, Simmering
- Cuisine: Italian-American, American
- 6 bone in chicken breasts
- Kosher salt to taste
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 jar piquillo peppers, drained ( 7.75 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more to garnish if desired
- Generously season the chicken breasts with kosher salt. Heat 2-3 tablespoons olive oil in a large saute pan and brown the chicken over medium-high heat. Remove to a platter.
- Brown the sausage, then remove to the platter with the chicken. Then lower the heat and add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the vinegar, wine, chicken stock, peppers, soy sauce and rosemary. Bring liquid to a boil, add the chicken, sausage and any accumulated juices back to the pan and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half and chicken is cooked. You may want to put the lid on to finish cooking if the chicken needs more cooking time.
- Serve chicken, sausage and peppers with a drizzle of sauce and garnish with rosemary.