Chicken Spinach and Prosciutto Pinwheels
A beautiful, elegant chicken dish from Giada that’s easy enough to make at home!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Chicken
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: Italian
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to evenly flatten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Lay a slice of prosciutto over each chicken breast.
- Place spinach in a small bowl and season with then toss with one tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Arrange an even, thin layer of spinach atop the prosciutto slices. Sprinkle the Parmesan evenly over each. Roll up the chicken like a pinwheel and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Add the chicken broth and lemon juice and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken, turn up the heat and reduce the liquid to less than a cup. Remove toothpicks from the chicken. Drizzle the sauce over the chicken and serve..