I created this Chicken Piccata Pasta when I needed a quick meal with ingredients I had in my kitchen. Chicken tenders, lemon juice and penne pasta married perfectly for this speedy dinner recipe.
Chicken Piccata Pasta
Our local Junior League cookbook, Winners, is full of treasures. The Eastwood Salad, Pesto Pasta, Beef Tenderloin, and Chicken Piccata are some of my favorite recipes. I can make the chicken piccata without cracking open the cookbook as it’s quite simple plus I’ve made it a zillion times.
I decided to shake things up a bit and use chicken tenders instead of flattened chicken cutlets and toss them with pasta and the flavorful citrus wine sauce. Chicken Pasta of any variety is something I can whip up for an easy dinner with pantry and freezer staples!
Easy, Flavorful Italian Meal!
I took liberty with the classic as I tossed the chicken with al dente penne, but still kept the tart and tasty lemon, wine and caper sauce. Bill thought this was fabulous, though capers still haven’t grown on him. I’m happy to eat his share. As the holidays approach, this is one of those meals that can be on the table in no time. Paired with a green salad and a loaf of crusty bread, it will make for a happy family.Print
Chicken Piccata Pasta
An easy, lemony chicken piccata with penne pasta.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, trimmed if needed
- 1/2 cup Wondra flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 pound penne pasta, cooked
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan.
- While butter is melting, mix together the flour and seasoning salt in a large ziptop bag. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture to thicken the sauce later.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mixture. Add to sauce pan and cook until both sides are lightly browned, adjusting heat as needed.
- When chicken is browned, add white wine and lemon juice. Cook until liquid reduces. Add chicken broth, then whisk in reserved flour. Cook until liquid thickens slightly.
- Mix in penne pasta and capers. Serve hot.
You Might Like: