Chicken Pesto Grilled Cheese
An out of this world grilled cheese sandwich with chicken, pesto, peppers and two cheeses!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Entree, Sandwich
- Method: Grill, Saute
- Cuisine: American
For each sandwich:
- Two slices hearty bread
- Butter, at room temperature
- About 1–2 teaspoons prepared or homemade pesto (more or less) depending on size of bread slices)
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Shredded or sliced cooked chicken (rotisserie chicken is a terrific shortcut)
- 1–2 slices of roasted red bell pepper, optional
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Butter one slice of bread and place it butter side down on a grill pan or saute pan. Spread pesto over other side, then layer with cheeses, chicken (sprinkled with salt and pepper to taste), and peppers, if using. Butter the second slice of bread and top the sandwich with the butter side up.
- Cook over medium heat till bottom slice of bread is browned and cheese is beginning to melt. Carefully flip and cook till the second side is browned and cheese is completely melted, adjusting burner temperature as needed.
- Slice in half and serve with your favorite Gallo wine.
- Calories: 2380kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 2425mg
- Fat: 159g
- Saturated Fat: 52g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 194g
- Cholesterol: 749mg