Chicken Feta Casserole
A delicious, flavorful recipe that will make your menu roster over and over again!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken, Entree
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: Greek-American, American
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups peeled cubed tomatoes (drained canned is fine)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 min or less. Add white wine, basil, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper if desired (remember the feta can be very salty). Simmer another 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat another 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Cook 5-10 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Add chicken and juices. Top with feta, then cover with tomato sauce. Bake at 400º for 10-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice (or pasta).
Adapted from my friend, Beth. Try with shrimp instead of chicken to shake things up!