A simple combination of tomatoes,garlic, chicken, feta, and spices makes for a terrific meal. Served over rice or pasta, this Chicken Feta Casserole is full of flavor and a family favorite!
Chicken Feta Casserole
If you are a garlic fan, you’ll love the spicy aroma of your kitchen while this is baking in the oven. It makes my mouth water every time. I shared this with some friends last week, and one loved it so much she made it first as written and then with shrimp the next night. I hope you’ll find it just as enticing.
Easy Peasy Casserole Recipe
I meet up with a fun group of moms a few times a year. When our boys were in elementary school, we’d get together to play euchre, but it morphed into dinner out as they graduated high school and now college. One night we exchanged easy dinner recipes. I handed out my pasta with a quick sausage sauce and took home a stack of recipe cards which included this marvelous dish.
There are a few pans involved and some chopping and simmering, but nothing complicated. Garlic, dried oregano and fresh basil amp up the tomato sauce while some red pepper flakes give the chicken some zing. Crumbled feta provides a creamy richness along with a subtle saltiness. All these flavors marry to make one amazing entree. I’ve served on both rice and pasta, to rave reviews. Use whatever your family prefers. I know they’ll love this chicken feta casserole!
More Chicken Casserole Recipes You’ll Love:
- 4 Ingredient Chicken Rice Casserole from Spend with Pennies
- Mexican Chicken Manicotti from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- French Onion Chicken Casserole from Lil’ Luna
- Creamy Chicken Marsala with Herbed Mushrooms from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Casserole Recipe from Buns in My Oven
Chicken Feta Casserole
A delicious, flavorful recipe that will make your menu roster over and over again!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Chicken, Entree
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: Greek-American, American
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cups peeled cubed tomatoes (drained canned is fine)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup dry white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 min or less. Add white wine, basil, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper if desired (remember the feta can be very salty). Simmer another 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat another 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet. Add the chicken and sprinkle with red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Cook 5-10 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned.
- Spray a large casserole dish with Pam. Add chicken and juices. Top with feta, then cover with tomato sauce. Bake at 400º for 10-20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice (or pasta).
Adapted from my friend, Beth. Try with shrimp instead of chicken to shake things up!
Photos circa 2011