I pull out all the stops when I host my book club, and when I spotted mini Brie cheeses in the market, I decided to make these Cherry Topped Brie Bites.
Cherry Topped Brie Bites
The packaged bite-sized Brie was new to me and to a few of my book club friends as well. Ile de France was the brand I used, but one of my girlfriends mentioned that she buys the Trader Joe’s version. They don’t take long to warm up in the oven and I can imagine you could do the same job by gently zapping them in the microwave. The cherry compote topping is a cinch to prepare, and you could definitely use other preserves and dried fruit to shake things up. These mini baked brie appetizers disappeared in a flash!
20 Years of Book Club Fun
We started our book club in the fall of 1996. We currently have 13 members and have been through marriages of children, births of grandchildren, deaths of parents, divorce, cancer and everything in between. I’m pretty sure I’ve hosted all 20 years, so can you imagine all the food I’ve made for these special friends? This year these mini baked bries were a favorite!
I tend to go overboard, of course. Since I was co-hosting a bridal shower 3 days later, I tried to select a few simpler recipes and these Cherry Topped Brie Bites hit the mark. I always love to include a link to all the books our book club has read for you avid readers. I hope I’ve inspired you with a new recipe idea or a new book to add to your reading list!
Other yummy dishes on my book club menu:
Finger Foods for Dinner from My Sunday Supper Friends!
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper MovementPrint
Cherry Topped Brie Bites
Individual baked Bries with an easy, delicious cherry topping.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings
- Category: Appetizer
- 10 mini Brie bites (I used two packages of Ile de France single serve Brie bites), removed from plastic containers
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place brie bites on a baking sheet or oven safe dish. Bake 5-10 minutes or till Brie is just warm.
- While brie is in the oven, mix together preserves, dried cherries, balsamic, and salt.
- Divide topping over the warm Brie bites, about 1 teaspoon on each. Serve warm.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.