I pull out all the stops when I host my book club, and when I spotted mini Brie cheeses in the market, I decided to make these Cherry Topped Brie Bites.
Cherry Topped Brie Bites
The packaged bite-sized Brie was new to me and to a few of my book club friends as well. Ile de France was the brand I used, but one of my girlfriends mentioned that she buys the Trader Joe’s version. They don’t take long to warm up in the oven and I can imagine you could do the same job by gently zapping them in the microwave.
The cherry compote topping is a cinch to prepare, and you could definitely use other preserves and dried fruit to shake things up. Another option is to adapt this recipe for a small wheel of Brie.
These mini baked brie appetizers disappeared in a flash! Plus they’re super easy to throw together.
Book Club Menu
We started our book club in the fall of 1996. We currently have 13 members and have been through marriages of children, births of grandchildren, deaths of parents, divorce, cancer and everything in between. I’m pretty sure I’ve hosted all 20 years, so can you imagine all the food I’ve made for these special friends? This year these mini baked bries were a favorite!
I tend to go overboard, of course. Since I was co-hosting a bridal shower 3 days later, I tried to select a few simpler recipes and these Cherry Topped Brie Bites hit the mark. I always love to include a link to all the books our book club has read for you avid readers. I hope I’ve inspired you with a new recipe idea or a new book to add to your reading list!
Other yummy dishes on my book club menu:
- 9 ounces Brie bites (I used two packages of Ile de France single-serve Brie bites for 10 total), removed from plastic containers
- 2 tablespoons cherry preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Place brie bites on a baking sheet or oven safe dish. Bake 5-10 minutes or till Brie is just warm.
- While brie is in the oven, mix together preserves, dried cherries, balsamic, and salt.
- Divide topping over the warm Brie bites, about 1 teaspoon on each. Serve warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 175mg Carbohydrates: 3g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g