Cheesy Potato Cups
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: side dish, potatoes
Recipe adapted from Cook’s Country
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs, ground in food processor
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425º. Butter 12 cup muffin tin, then dust each cup with panko crumbs. Set aside.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, then each half into 3 spears. Slice the spears into 1/4 inch slices. Place in large microwave safe bowl and add half and half, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave 12-15 minutes, stirring once, till tender.
- Toss cheddar, Parmesan and cornstarch in bowl. Add all except 1/3 cup to hot potatoes, and stir till well mixed. Divide mixture between muffin cups and smooth tops. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake, covered, for 10 minutes, then remove cover and continue baking 13-15 minutes, till lightly browned. Remove to cooling rack and run knife around perimeter of each cup. Cool 5 minutes then invert onto baking sheet, tapping if necessary to release. Cool 5 minutes and serve.